Understand your Big Bend water bill
For a brief explanation of the Big Bend Water District bill sections, a sample bill is shown of a residential customer's water bill.
The dates and values shown are for illustrative purposes only and differ from those shown on an actual bill.
- Customer Information: Your customer account number has changed! Find your new account number, your billing date (when your bill was generated) and the due date when your payment must be received to avoid a late charge.
- Customer Messages: View deadlines, late charges and other information regarding your account.
- Account Summary: Find your previous balance, payments received, current charges, bill corrections and adjustments, late charges and the amount now due.
- About Your Service: View your service address and specific information regarding your meter size, meter read dates, readings and water use.
- Service Charge: All customers are billed this charge, based on meter size, for the direct costs of meter reading, meter maintenance and billing.
- Tier Billing: The rate structure is designed to encourage conservation: The more water you use, the higher the cost of water. Your rate tiers are based on your meter size.
- Usage Chart: Review your average daily water use over a 12-month period to pinpoint usage trends.
- Return Payment Form: Your return payment form is at the bottom of your bill. Please note the new address for any payments you plan to mail, and remember that you now have a new account number, too.