Mandatory watering schedule
Assigned watering days are mandatory for all customers.
Running your landscape irrigation system outside your assigned days is water waste and may result in a water-waste fine.
Report water waste
Conservation and water efficiency are critical to meeting Las Vegas’ current and future water needs. Report water waste when you see it by filling out a water waste report form.Report Water Waste
Additional watering restrictions
In addition to watering on your assigned days, keep the following in mind when setting a schedule on your irrigation clock:
- Sprinkler watering on Sundays is prohibited.
- Watering restrictions also apply to drip irrigation. Drip irrigation systems deliver water more slowly and efficiently, and they should run longer but less frequently than sprinkler systems. The length of each watering should be determined by the emitter flow rate, soil type and weather conditions. See our drip watering tips for details.
- For lawns watered by sprinklers, water no more than 12 minutes total. On your assigned watering days, water in three 4-minute cycles, with about an hour between each cycle if using pop-up sprinklers. Water for about 12 minutes each watering cycle if using rotating sprinkler heads. See our sprinkler tips for details.
- Watering with a handheld hose and supervised testing of your irrigation system are allowed any time.
- Watering new or reseed landscapes daily for up to 14 days is allowed once per calendar year. Call 702-822-8571 before the planting takes place so we can make note of this on your water account. See more water waste exemptions.
Mandatory watering restrictions limit landscape irrigation up to three assigned days per week from March 1 through April 30. Sprinkler watering on Sundays is prohibited.
Watering on days other than assigned watering days and watering during restricted hours are considered water waste and may result in a fee.
Seasonal watering schedules and watering group map
|Watering Group||Spring/Fall (March-April/September-October)||Summer (May-August)||Winter (November-February)|
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||Monday-Saturday||Monday|
|Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday||Monday-Saturday||Tuesday|
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||Monday-Saturday||Wednesday|
|Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday||Monday-Saturday||Thursday|
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||Monday-Saturday||Friday|
|Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday||Monday-Saturday||Saturday|
Assigned watering groups are mandatory for all Las Vegas Valley Water District customers. This map depicts watering group boundaries for Watering Group A from northbound U.S. highway 95 with Kyle Canyon Road and Grand Teton called out within this watering group, area west of Interstate 215 West Beltway to West Cheyenne Avenue. Watering Group B boundaries are West Cheyenne Avenue, area west of Interstate 215 West Beltway, Summerlin Parkway, West Vegas Drive and North Rancho Drive. Watering Group C boundaries are Summerlin Parkway, area west of Interstate 215 West Beltway to West Charleston Boulevard. Watering Group D boundaries are West Charleston Boulevard, area west of Interstate 215 West Beltway and Desert Inn Road. Watering Group E boundaries are Desert Inn Road, area west of Interstate 215 West Beltway and Tropicana Avenue. Watering Group F boundaries are Tropicana Avenue, area west of Interstate 215 West Beltway past South Fort Apache Road, and West Sunset Boulevard. Watering Group A boundaries also include West Sunset Boulevard, area west of South Fort Apache Road and West Wigwam Avenue, and West Windmill Lane. Watering Group B boundaries also include West Wigwam Avenue and West Windmill Lane, South Fort Apache Road, West Cactus Avenue and area south of West Cactus Avenue; area of South Interstate 15 and Saint Rose Parkway to Interstate 215.